The Wangan and Jagalingou are the Traditional Owners of the land where Adani’s coal mine is under constuction. They are calling on people to stand in solidarity with their call for the Queensland Government to respect their human rights.
In shocking news, groundwater monitoring has uncovered a significant drop in aquifer levels near Adani's coal mine that could have already caused irreversible damage to the sacred Doongmabulla Springs, which are only 10km away from the mine site.
Wangan and Jagalingou have asked the Honourable Meaghan Scanlon MP, Minister for the Environment, to meet with them to ensure four things happen:
- A ‘Stop Work’ on the mine until the sacred Doongmabulla Springs are protected,
- Independent verification of the results of the Queensland Environment Department’s investigation into the Wangan and Jagalingou complaint about the Doongmabulla Springs,
- A comprehensive, independent, scientific review to help protect the springs,
- The right of Wangan and Jagalingou cultural custodians group to hold Adani to account for destruction of lands and waters.
If Adani is allowed to destroy the Springs, Senior Wangan and Jagalingou Cultural Custodian Adrian Burragubba says, “It will be a catastrophe every bit as destructive to our culture, and as hurtful to our people, as the blasting of the caves at the Juukan Gorge.”
Call on the Honourable Meaghan Scanlon MP, Minister for the Environment, to meet with the Wangan and Jagalingou!
Take Action Here
- Take Action Right Now (Anywhere)
- Host a Digital Storm (Anywhere)
- Organise an Office Action (Queensland)
Take Action Right Now (Anywhere)
Here are three ways you can take action right now to support the Wangan and Jagalingou:
Host a Digital Storm (Anywhere)
Get some friends together at home (or online over Zoom) and flood key Queensland Ministers with emails, voice messages, phone calls, and Facebook comments, calling on them to call on the Hon Meaghan Scanlon MP, Minister for the Environment, to meet with the Wangan and Jagalingou.
Organise an Office Action (Queensland)
Get some friends together and organise an action outside your local MP's office, calling on your local MP to call on the Hon Meaghan Scanlon MP, Minister for the Environment, to meet with the Wangan and Jagalingou.