To make #StopAdani an issue our politicians can’t ignore, we need #StopAdani to be everywhere.
Let’s put up #StopAdani yard signs close to where your politician lives, stickers near their office, posters at their favourite cafe, #StopAdani in chalk on the footpath, and other creative ways of spreading the #StopAdani message!
Print your own materials below or get creative and make your own #StopAdani materials!
PAINT THE TOWN #STOPADANI BLITZ - APRIL 30TH TO MAY 13TH
To make our #StopAdani message as visible as possible, we’re going to do it together across Australia! Our messages will be the talk of the town and the talk of the halls of parliament!
From 30th April to 13th May, #StopAdani groups are creating materials, choosing a time, getting their team together, and blitzing their town with all their #StopAdani materials at once! Let's saturate the streets!
Remember to use the #StopAdani hashtag when you upload photos of your team painting the town so we can be all over social media as well! Across Australia, #StopAdani will be everywhere!
IMPORTANT: Send us your five best pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be shared everywhere!
Need some inspiration to get the creative ideas flowing? You could:
- Put up yard signs in the neighbourhood where your MP lives and/or works
- Get posters up in the shop windows of your mainstreet and local schools
- Hang banners on the main roads that your MP drives along to get to work
- Make your own home made sign to put up on your front fence or hedge
- Set up some StopAdani signs on bike billboards and ride them around your MP’s office and along your community’s main street each day
- Chalk the pavements outside your MP’s electorate office (but only if it is public land)
Make sure your MP sees what you’re doing:
- Tweet your best Paint the Town pics at your politicians - if you don't know their twitter handle, simply google their name + twitter to find it
- Take some great photos of your efforts and post them on Facebook
- Send your best photos to email@example.com so we can share them on social media
- If you have a good relationship with local journalists - send them a short media release with links to your best photos