Adani can't build their mine alone. Without a plethora of contractors, constructing, insuring, hauling and basically building the whole mine, Adani could not go ahead.
Luckily, our movement is good at getting contractors to drop out, already 61 contractors have decided not to work with Adani. Even Scott Morrison says we're winning, which is why he wants to ban secondary boycotts, aka our campaign to push companies to rule out working with Adani.
Right in the heart of Brisbane there are a bunch of companies who are working with Adani and are already feeling the pressure of our movement but we need to keep it up.
Join the the Adani Toxic Tour and visit four key companies working with Adani. We will be visiting four companies, hearing about the work they are doing with Adani and talking to staff as they enter for work and at lunchtime.
8:00am - Meet at 145 Ann st, Origin & GHD
8:30 - AIG, 120 Edward st
9:00 - Marsh, 111 Eagle st
Catch the train to the Valley & have morning tea!
12:00 - Aurizon 900 Ann st Fortitude Valley
12:45 - Marsh, 27 Evelyn Street
This is a fun event with a short walk between the offices. We want to get the attention of the contractors' staff in particular. We can make noise, sing songs, chat with people passing.
Join us to visit as many of these offices as you can.
More information about each company ...
- Australian-based multinational engineering company
- is doing the engineering design for the Carmichael coal mine dewatering and working on the rail line construction
- long association with Adani, having prepared the environmental and social impact assessment for the Carmichael mine and rail project!!
- employee-owned company
- recently had AGM in Perth
- Many GHD staff are telling people at actions outside GHD offices that GHD is no longer working with Adani and won't in the future. If this is true, then we are on the cusp of victory!
- But without a public commitment, there is nothing stopping GHD secretly working with Adani in the future.
Let's win on GHD before Christmas!
- not on the Adani list, but on our route, so we can visit them
- have exploration rights for coal seam gas in the Northern Territory
- drilling for CSG will involve fracking.
- fracking has major impacts on underground water movement and reserves
- Adani’s insurer for on-ground works at the Carmichael mine site until 30 Sep 2019
- believed to be no longer involved but could get involved again in the future
- Adani’s insurance broker
- Marsh have 22 offices across Australia including one in Brisbane.
We want to get to know their staff, so flyering outside their office is a great way to get introduce ourselves and meet them.
- Australian rail freight company, with major coal haulage operations
- applied for a loan from the NAIF to build a rail line between the Galilee Basin and Abbot Point, but withdrew in February 2018
- railway line from the Carmichael mine will link to Aurizon’s existing network
- Aurizon has to negotiate with Adani re access to Aurizon’s rail network
- Aurizon does not need to agree to haul Adani’s coal
- Aurizon does not need to agree to put any of its own money into rail system upgrades
Flyering and actions at Aurizon offices is a good way to get to know staff.