- Trashes Indigenous rights: Adani’s mine, rail and port project will destroy the ancestral lands, waters and cultures of Indigenous peoples in the region. Adani does not have the consent of the local Wangan and Jagalingou people.
- Coal kills: Coal is killing us and our planet. Pollution from burning coal is the single biggest contributor to dangerous global warming, threatening our way of life. Coal mining drains and pollutes our water supplies, harms our health and destroys our natural landscape.
- Can't trust Adani: Adani Group companies have an appalling record of environmental destruction and prosecutions overseas, including illegal dealings, bribery, environmental and social devastation and allegations of corruption, fraud and money laundering.
- Wrecks our climate: Just as we need to be cutting pollution, burning more coal will lead to more extreme weather and further bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Robs our water: Adani will draw billions of litres of water from the Great Artesian and other precious basins, for free, threatening our farmers and Australia's groundwater.
Was this helpful?