If we make enough calls together, we could close the entire Lloyd's insurance marketplace to Adani - their last chance for getting insurance for their destructive coal project.
Can you call another Lloyd's insurer asking them to rule out insurance for Adani's disastrous mine?
Every call counts as Adani race to lock in insurance deals!
- Let them know that you are calling from an online rally in Australia where hundreds of people are contacting them to ask them to rule out Adani.
- Tell them you are disappointed that their company has failed to rule out providing insurance services for the Adani coal project in Australia.
- Say that they are risking their reputation and the climate by refusing to rule out providing insurance services for Adani's Carmichael coal project. Tell them why this concerns you!
- You are ringing to ask that they please take action for a safe climate by publicly ruling out providing any insurance services for Adani.
- If you don't get through, that's okay! Just leave a message on the message bank.
PHONE CALL TIPS
- International calling: Many mobile phone plans include calling minutes to the UK or only charge a very small fee for a short call. You can also sign up to Skype free for a month here to make free calls.
- Hide your number: The companies are more likely to pick up if they can't see you are calling from Australia. See instructions on how to do this at the bottom of this page.
- Dialing: If you can't dial a "+" instead dial "0011". For example +44 20 7621 4500 becomes 0011 44 20 7621 4500.
- Call not connecting: Try dialing "0011" at the start instead of a "+", or try waiting a minute then dialing again.
- Call an Australian number: If you aren't able to call internationally, the second-best option is to leave a message with an Australian office listed on the right.
HOW TO HIDE YOUR NUMBER
Hide your number on an Android phone:
- Open your Android's Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Call Settings. It's under the “Device” header.
- Tap Voice Call.
- Tap Additional Settings.
- Tap Caller ID. A pop-up will appear.
- Tap Hide number. Your phone number is now hidden from caller ID when you make outbound calls.
Hide your number on an iPhone:
- Open the Settings app and scroll down to tap on the Phone option.
- Tap Show My Caller ID, then turn the toggle off to hide your number.