Let's make a better plan than Canavan!
The Federal Resources Minister Matt Canavan (aka Minister for Adani) launched his latest attempt to prop up the profits of the mining sector at his National Press Club address on Wednesday, 28 March 2018.
Canavan's plan will see a coal industry stacked Resources Taskforce cook up a roadmap for more extraction and exports of coal over the coming decades.
It’s a reminder of what we’re up against to shift the dirty politics of coal and gas in this country.
Together, we'll build the kind of leadership that’s missing in our politics.
- Hear from inspiring grassroots community leaders.
- Make plans to move Australia beyond coal mines and gas fields, towards renewable energy and sustainable jobs.
- Connect with amazing people from across the country who are creating change in their communities.
- WHEN: Thursday evening, 31 May - Sunday afternoon, 3 June.
- WHERE: Alexandra Park Conference Centre, Sunshine Coast, Queensland (just 15 minutes from Sunshine Coast airport and a short walk to the beach).
Let’s get together and show all our politicians what leadership on coal and gas looks like!